Guinea Pig Disease
All of my Sims are black, how can I make them the right colors?
Your light files have probably been deleted.
1. Open Windows Explorer then go into the C:/ProgramFiles/Maxis/TheSims/GameData/Lights folder
2. There should be two files in that folder (ambient and stdlight) if those two files are not in that folder than you
need to uninstall and reinstall.
Guinea Pig Disease
My Sims are sick and dying, what should I do?
Your Sims are sick with the Guinea Pig disease. It is an easily cureable but deadly disease. There are three ways to
cure the Guinea Pig disease.
1. Buy the Forgotten Guinea Pig Painting from Buy Mode and have your sick Sims stay in the same room as
the painting for about ten Sim hours.
2. Buy the Concoction Stand from Buy Mode. Then have your sick Sim make a potion. If the Sim makes a white
potion than the potion will cure the disease.
3. Make sure the sick Sims get plenty of sleep and drink lots of coffee. Have the Sim do this for a few days.
How can I make my own objects?
1. You will need a good photo editing program.
2. You will also need the Transmogrifer from http://www.lushcreations.com/
3. There are some tutorials on other fansites that explain how to make objects.
My game keeps crashing when I use a certain skin or I try to make a new Sim.
You have a corrupt skin or skin related file. Download File Cop from http://www.thesims.com/ this program
should remove any corrupted files other than lot files and object files.
How can I make my own skins?
1. To make your own skins you will need a good photo editing program.
2. You will also need the nude base skins which can be downloaded from other fansites.
3. You also might want SimShow from http://www.thesims.com/ so you can preview your skins before you
import them into the game.
All of my Sims are white, how can I get them back to the right colors?
All of your skins have been deleted.
To restore the skins that came with the game you need to reinstall your game.